Thursday, April 17, 2008

We're Tagging our Kids Now!?!?

Corbin James Wilson. We picked the name Corbin, because it was the only name we both liked and didn’t associate with someone lame. James was the easy part. It has no significance, but just sounds good with most boy names. Try it.

When Corbin was a baby he was blessed at church. I wrote down some of the things that Corbin was blessed with: Sense of Humor, desire to learn about the gospel, ability to gain a strong testimony, and help to his family especially his mother.
If you know Corbin you know that he thrives on his sense of humor and the attention he gets from it. He would always say anything for a laugh. He would say words like Dag Nabbit, or when we would ask him to do something he would ask “Is that a joke”, the best was when he would negotiate by saying stuff like I will eat two bites of chicken if you get me a sucker, Deal. Everything was always followed with “Deal?” My sister took him to Bloomindales one day and he began to misbehave in the store. My sister took him to the car and said we can go back in when you are ready to be good. He replied with “Do you wish I could make good choices?” My sister said, “Yes”. Corbin said, “Do you wish upon a shooting star I could make good choices?” My sister said, “Yes.” Corbin replied, “Well I can’t!” At least he is honest.

At church his desire to learn the gospel is felt. His first day at primary the music teacher asked the kids what song they would like to sing and Corbin raised his hand and said Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer, the music teacher said that was not a church song, so Corbin decided he would just sing the song solo. There is nothing that makes a mother more proud then watching her child participate so fully at church.

He is also really trying to gain a testimony. One Sunday during testimony meeting he ran to the front of the church. I went to grab him and felt compelled to bare my testimony while I was up there. As I began Corbin pulled the microphone to him mouth and sang La, La, La, Laaaa. It was awesome. I really felt his spirit
All joking aside, Corbin loves learning about his Heavenly Father and Jesus. He asks to have Family Home Evening almost every night. He is learning all about the stories from the scriptures and asks to hear them over and over.
Corbin really tries to take care of his family. One day Corbin and Beck were playing upstairs and we asked Corbin not to leave his brother upstairs, meaning to stay up there and play with him. He decided he was done playing up stairs, but knew he wasn’t suppose to leave Beck, so he brought Beck down with him. There is nothing funnier/ scarier than watching your 3 year old carry your new born down the stairs. Corbin is always being kind to his mom. He brings me flowers and tells me he loves me all the time.
You can’t talk about Corbin and not talk about his obsession with sticks. He started collecting Sticks when he was little. It didn’t matter where we were; Corbin always had a stick in his hand. Often he had as many as 6 sticks in each hand. He would always share his stick collection with anyone else who was around. It was always awkward when the other kids parents wouldn’t let their kids play with the stick. We gave up long before that on telling Corbin that sticks were unsafe and could poke an eye out. I am proud to report that I cannot remember a single stick related injury. He has recently traded his sticks in for power rangers or another type of guy figure.

Corbin has always had an amazing imagination. He can play make believe for hours ranging from being a ninja, cowboy, pirate, or an animal. He is now most often a super hero and is constantly saving the family from the villainous bad guys.
Corbin can run circles around most kids his age and at times we are exhausted, but the truth is that I wouldn’t have it any other way. Every day with Corbin is an adventure, filled with humor and lots of affections of love.


Corbin Tags: Mia Phelps, Elle Schurtz, Max Cobb, Shae Collie, Henry Salo

5 comments:

Kjrsten said...

YOU ARE CRAKING ME UP! This post was so cute. I love the sticks story! What a funny boy... "is that a joke!"

Thanks for the Laguna Beach tip, if you think of any others, let me know!

Yes, the climbing shoes are going to hurt! some do more than others, My first pair were La Sportiva-fairly comfortable, but now I have Scrapa's and they kill! They are a more high performance style, which is good for a tough climb- they really save the day but they are painful, I don't wear them unless I am on the rocks climbing.

Bethany said...

Is my last name Cobb? I didn't know you tagged us?!? I'm doing okay. Much sicker this time:( I wonder if that spells girl. Scary!

Kelli said...

Nat,
We need an update on your cute family. We hope to come and visit sometime this summer. Hope you're doing good. Such cute boys!

Sarah said...

Nat...loved this post! Corbin is the most darling boy! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you in September!

Now I will try and get back on to the blogging world! Love ya!

Good Time Charlie said...

He sounds like Travis! What a ride you are in for!